Deep Tissue Massage in Hobart
We have a joke in the massage and wellness industry, “Have Issues With Your Tissues? Try Deep Tissue Massage!”. As the name suggests, deep tissue massage targets the deep muscle layers and their surrounding connective tissues. As a result, this can be super beneficial for musculoskeletal issues, such as muscle strains due to intense work or sports. In fact, deep tissue massage is the most sought after massage by hard workers and sportsmen in general. Since Hobart has a large population of outgoing and adventurous individuals, Deep Tissue Massage is one of the most popular form of massage in Hobart.
Deep Tissue Massage In Brief
Deep Tissue Massage is a unique massage treatment where:
- Firstly, The therapist uses warm oil to relax the top layers of muscle. This also helps to reach deeper muscles and tissues during the session
- Secondly, the therapist will apply constant pressure followed by deep strokes. This will help reach inner layers of muscle fibres and soft tissues of the body
- Thirdly, Deep strokes help break up scar tissues that can form after sustaining an injury which helps alleviate pain and tension
- Finally, Promotes good blood circulation throughout the body that promotes better healing and reduces inflammation
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
Since massage offers a holistic approach in treating our wellbeing, critics have always raised eyebrows towards its benefits. However, a study conducted at Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland in 2019 suggests that massage may have clinical benefits for treating ankylosing spondylitis (a form of arthritis that primarily affects the spine, although other joints can become involved. It causes inflammation of the spinal joints (vertebrae) that can lead to severe, chronic pain and discomfort) patients (Romanowski et al., 2019).
The common known benefit of Deep Tissue Massage includes:
Many people have reported getting the benefit of pain relief after a single or consecutive deep Tissue massage sessions. This include:
- Treating Sore Body Muscle: Deep Tissue Massage can help to open the knots in a stiff neck, sore shoulder, upper and lower back, hand and leg etc
- Treating Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia is a condition that can cause widespread pain and tenderness in the body. Deep Tissue massage can help minimize the symptoms of such condition
- Reliving Plantar fasciitis Pain: Plantar fasciitis is a thick band of tissues that connects the heel bone to the toes. Running, exercise, aerobatics, sports, pregnancy, overweight and even wearing shoes with poor arch support can cause inflammation in this complicated muscle. Deep Tissue massage can help relieve heel pain once done properly on these muscles.
- Healing Tennis Elbow: Tennis Elbow is a very common sports-related injury. Irritation of the tissue connecting the forearm muscle to the elbow can lead to this injury. This condition is common among athletes (Cricket, Tennis, Badminton, Volley Ball, Baseball etc) and jobs (Heavy Lifting, Driving, Butcher, Factory Work etc) where such muscles around the elbow need consistent usage. Recovery of this condition can take from a few months to even multiple years. Deep Tissue massage around the elbow region can help escalate the recovery process.
- Treating Sciatica: Sciatica can cause pain in the legs and back. Pain can travel along the sciatic nerve, which starts in our lower spine and runs through our hip, buttocks and the back of our leg to the foot. Deep Tissue massage usually helps to minimize the pain of sciatica.
Managing Blood Pressure
Our sympathetic nervous system administrates our blood circulation. High blood pressure can cause many heart diseases including heart failure. Deep Tissue massage can help relax the sympathetic nervous system which is responsible for raising blood pressure in an individual. This can help to maintain healthy blood pressure without the use of any prescription drugs.
We all have heard about the proverb, “A healthy mind lives in a healthy body”. Many people feel more flexible and light after a good deep tissue massage session. As a result, this treatment can help boost confidence and general wellbeing.
Tips for a better ‘Deep Tissue Massage’ session in Hobart
We have some tips for customers to come and book for a ‘Deep Tissue Massage’ session with us. They are:
- Drink lots of Water: It is recommended to be properly hydrated before and after the massage session. Since Hobart is cold most of the year-round, skin dryness and low water consumption are two common problems. Enough hydration can help loosen the muscles more.
- Wear comfortable garments: We recommend wearing comfortable clothes to boost relaxation.
- Stretching prior to treatment: Stretching prior to deep tissue massage session can help minimise muscle swelling and sore muscle after such extensive treatment
- Communicating with Therapist: It is very much essential to communicate with your therapists regarding your problems, concerns and needs. This can help get a treatment specially catered to your needs. In other words, communication is sometimes the difference between a ‘good’ and ‘better’ deep tissue massage session.
Why Choose ‘Asian Massage Skills’ for ‘Deep Tissue Massage’ in Hobart?
Every massage therapist has their own unique style. However, there are a few things that make a certain Deep Tissue Massage better than the rest. This includes understanding the individual, experience in the field, working with elite sports, regular training, physical strength and hygiene etc. At Asian Hands:
- We only allow the best massage therapists to perform Deep Tissue Massage after rigorous training
- Our management trains therapists regularly to look after customers from the moment they walk into our clinics to the end of the treatment
- We regularly work with many gym members near Sandy Bay area, Hobart CBD & Glenorchy region. Moreover, many professional local athletes from Battery Point, Salamanca, West Hobart, North Hobart, South Hobart chooses our expert therapists for their regular deep tissue massage. As a result, we have long term practical experience with working with athletes with different conditions.
- All of our deep tissue massage therapists have skills to provide different levels of pressure. Simply ask us during the treatment regarding your preferred level of pressure.
- We maintain a high level of personal hygiene which is essential for deep tissue massage and any massage service.
- We have two locations with great therapists. One is in Sandy Bay and the other in Glenorchy
- It is very convenient to book a deep tissue massage therapy on our website. Simply book online and receive a reminder before 1 day.
How to book Deep Tissue Massage with Asian Massage Skills in Hobart?
At Asian Hands, we offer around 22 types of massage, beauty and spa treatments. Our clinic locations are the following:
- Asian Hands Glenorchy: 383 Main Road Glenorchy Tasmania 7010
- Asian Hands Sandy Bay: 198 Sandy Bay Road Sandy Bay Tasmania 7005
There are multiple ways you can book an appointment with us:
- Book on Store: You can walk into our clinics and book an appointment. If a therapist is available, you will be able to book in instantly.
- Book on Phone: You can book an appointment by calling our reception at (03) 6272 5566
- Book on the Website: This is the recommended process for booking an appointment. Simply visit our booking page and book when it suits you best! You can book by clicking this link.
- Romanowski, M., Špiritović, M., Rutkowski, R., Dudek, A., Samborski, W. and Straburzyńska-Lupa, A. (2019). Comparison of Deep Tissue Massage and Therapeutic Massage for Lower Back Pain, Disease Activity, and Functional Capacity of Ankylosing Spondylitis Patients: A Randomized Clinical Pilot Study.